Discuss Mapei Proflexible on Plasterboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

TOTCompany

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice regarding the Tile Giant branded Pro Flexible adhesive. I have an account at Tile Ginat and I am thinking of switching to Mapei products. I have been taking advice on the different adhesives that are on offer. I have been told by others that the Tile Giant branded Pro Flexible is a good product and can be used for most usual applications of a flexible single part. The main query that keeps cropping up though is whether or not this adhesive can be used to tile onto a plasterboard substrate?

Your opinions would be appreciated.
Many thanks,

Ben

I

Ian

Cheers Bri,
Thanks for the welcome and your quick reply.

I have also been told that the Pro Flexible is basically the same stuff as the Mapeker Rapid Set Flex which Mapei state on there tech sheet should not be used on plasterboard. What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks again.

I'd be interested to see any info on that, it's a while since I used it but, I'm sure I must have used it on plasterboard.

T

TOTCompany

I have just had a little look through the stuff the bloke at Tile Giant gave me and I actually have a little book called "Mapei Ceramic Tiling Guide" this has the spec for there glues in the back and there is no tick present next to plasterboard for the Mapeker adhesive. The Pro Flexible isnt listed in this book so I suppose the main question is if its the same glue in the bags? The problem I am trying to solve is if I were going to use Mapei products is there an adhesive that I can use across most applications? I need to be able to turn up on site without seeing a job and know most of the time the adhesive I have on the van will do the job without having to take five different types of glue. Obviously some thing like the Keraquick would do this but if I dont have to then I dont really want to have to pay Keraquick money unless a S1 is actually needed.

I

Ian

Ok thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Not meaning to sound like an idiot but on which part of the PDF you sent me does it mention plasterboard?

If you look at page 2 under 'application procedure' this is what I would consider to cover plasterboard

APPLICATION PROCEDURE Preparing the substrate
Mapeker Rapid-Set Flex can be applied to all stable substrates that are free of oils, grease, waxes and that are sound and free of loose plaster, laitance and crazing. Damp cement screeds can noticeably prolong the setting time of Mapeker Rapid-Set Flex.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mapei Proflexible on Plasterboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
10 minutes ago Add bookmark #1 Which mapei adhesive ( it's convenient for me to buy this...
Replies
Views
Hi after some advice . Just finished the shower cubicle , used a Mapei white grout and the grout...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB