Discuss MAPEI silicone on worktops in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
has anyone come across this before?

i siliconed a splashback today,used a profiler all loked great but after 15 minutes the siliocne started developing bubbles all along it

this happened once before when i siliconed onto a wooden varnished kitchen top this time it was a laminated top

is mapeis silicone not meant to be used in this instance,the fact i t has happened twice suggests something is wrong

S

Stewart

Have had this problem with Mapei in the past, and always check date. I think they only have a shelf life of a year, and I send it back if it's less than 6 month till expire date, so they know not to send me it. My Mapie supplier has threatened to stop stocking it as they throw so much of it away, due to the shelf life.

Also, from this time of year, through till spring, I don't leave any consumables in the van. I remove all silicone, addy, grout and primer to protect against frost. As it's cost me a fortune over the years.

Sent using Tapatalk.....

Reply to MAPEI silicone on worktops in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, As per the title, my tiler has grouted the internal corners of our new shower enclosure...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had my bathroom tiled about 5 months ago and yesterday I noticed cracking in the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
MAPEI silicone on worktops
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.