UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Marble mitres in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nomis1959

Hello out there. I have to mitre 90 no. 400 mm sq 10 mm carrara marble tiles on one long edge to form external corners ( Yes I know its a silly idea but I have got to so.....) My Dewalt DW24000 tipped over to 45 degree cuts as well as ever except when I get to the end of the cut the falling piece is breaking of and taking some of the tile i want with it. The blade is newish and cutting well. I have tried a few things such as plunging into the end of the cut first ( it still snaps out when the two cuts meet) and cuttiing on top of another tile to provide better support,same problem occurs but a little less so . I would be grateful if anyone who has encountered and overcome this problem could give me an idea how they did it .Any other suggestions or thoughts would be very welcome.

Reply to Marble mitres in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi I have some KitKat tiles that will be installed on an external corner. Is it feasible to cut...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time here so hopefully not a silly question. I am tiling a bathroom for the first time...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Marble mitres
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.