Discuss Marble Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Has anyone used this tile before.

Screenshot_2016-01-31-20-49-47.png

It's from topps tiles (unfortunately)
The customer has bought them for her shower walls and floor. A quick look on the topps Web sites says suitable for floors only ? Is this a weight issue?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Left it with her to sort out....told her what I can do to fix the problem. ....but she's not happy with topps..lol
Dose beg the question though, is it up to the tile shop to inform about the weight issue. ....and how many people know what cement boards are.....They will just say 'how are we supposed to know what your substrate is'...
Personally I think they should...would save us a lot of hassle. .

J

Just Rizzle

the reason may be not for walls is there are a lot of fissures in these tiles so water can pas through quite easily wouldn't like to do a shower in them they'll be like a sive

if there from topps there 10 mm thick with a resin and mesh back not many adhesives capable of holding to the resin back would only use ultras ultimate to stick them and keep fingers crossed

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Marble Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB