Discuss Marble, UFH, concrete in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Starting job tomorrow in a basement conversion in Harrogate. One main bathroom in marble (42m2). Concrete floor with fall for shower and wet UFH. The other is an ensuite in marble (20m2) 6m2 on the floor which is on an anhydrite screed and further 16m2 of porcelain on the stairs landing again on an anhydrite screed.
i have sorted out a moisture tester for testing the screed and I plan to use a decoupling membrane on the ensuite and landing but I am thinking I would be better putting it on top of the concrete as well due to the UFH. i only learnt of the UFH heating a few days ago so have been panicking a bit since.
What do you reckon? Membrane everywhere?

T

TJ Smiler

Starting job tomorrow in a basement conversion in Harrogate. One main bathroom in marble (42m2). Concrete floor with fall for shower and wet UFH. The other is an ensuite in marble (20m2) 6m2 on the floor which is on an anhydrite screed and further 16m2 of porcelain on the stairs landing again on an anhydrite screed.
i have sorted out a moisture tester for testing the screed and I plan to use a decoupling membrane on the ensuite and landing but I am thinking I would be better putting it on top of the concrete as well due to the UFH. i only learnt of the UFH heating a few days ago so have been panicking a bit since.
What do you reckon? Membrane everywhere?

I don't really know enough about anhydrite screeds coupled with marble and UFH to offer any advice on this one but i'm looking forward to seeing some of the answers.... :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Marble, UFH, concrete in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
I am tiling onto concrete screed laid 5 months ago. The underfloor heating is a water system...
Replies
Views
outonthetiles
O
Anyone interested in my putting your details forward to one of my screed installers. He is...
Replies
Views
R
A question for anyone in the know, I'm retro fitting wet ufh down stairs in my house, I'm taking...
Replies
Views
Rossymcg
R
M
Hi, I'm scratching m head knowing what to do for the best with this floor. I'm a self...
Replies
Views
mrbenn
M
M
Hi i have a job coming up and need some advice, it is on a concrete floor which is at least a...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB