Discuss Marmox or Hardie backer ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frigiliana

Not posted for a while . I've bought a small flat for me and the wife needs a complete reform , one of the jobs is the bathroom , the photo shows the the basin and wc , what i plan on doing is taking the old pipe boxing away and basically raising a new frame to the level of the window and tiling and fitting new pottery . In the past i've always used plywood but i thought i would give this Marmox board a try now the question .
A/ What thickness board would you use given i'm going to make a 50mm x 50mm stud timber frame ?
B/ Would you just use Plywood or Hardie Backer and treat ?
Cheers Dave Bathroom.png

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Not posted for a while . I've bought a small flat for me and the wife needs a complete reform , one of the jobs is the bathroom , the photo shows the the basin and wc , what i plan on doing is taking the old pipe boxing away and basically raising a new frame to the level of the window and tiling and fitting new pottery . In the past i've always used plywood but i thought i would give this Marmox board a try now the question .
A/ What thickness board would you use given i'm going to make a 50mm x 50mm frame ?
B/ Would you just use Plywood or Hardie Backer and treat ?
Cheers Dave View attachment 59139

For that size I would fix another stud and give 250mm centres and use a 10mm marmox, the 500x500mm would need 20mm marmox.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Marmox or Hardie backer ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping my new bathroom for plastering before tiling and am unsure about...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm having the majority of the ground floor of my house tiled (35m²) and I'm not...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB