UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Marmox Sound Reduction Board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Good evening.

Has anyone got any experiences with this new tilebacker board from Marmox? It incorporates a rubber foam layer to assist with conformity with Part E building regs (impact sound).

I'm about to plan a bathroom project in a 7yr old 1st floor flat, which was tiled on top of a floating acoustic layer (tiles cracked due to movement). The entire sub floor will be replaced with marine ply, but I need to preserve the acoustic properties as best as possible so am looking for suitable sub-floor solutions for UFH & tiling.

Broken Link Removed

Another question regarding sub flooring, for tiling purposes does a floor with multiple layers potentially offer improved rigidity over a sub-floor with one thick layer? The reason i ask is this bathroom has multiple layers totalling nearly 60mm which i need to get back to, to be level with adjacent rooms.

Cheers
Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Marmox Sound Reduction Board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hiya all, I'm a DIY gal on first bathroom. Wondered if you could check out my plans and let me...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views
Now back to bare house brick and they not level, tiling a bathroom, shower over bath, was...
Replies
Views
Installing tiles 400x600 over an exposed exterior cement screed - it has 20mm fall over 2300mm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.