Discuss Martial Arts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

id go with 2 lessons a week
1 muay thai....good stand up and clinch techniques (great fitness & Conditioning)
1 bjj... excellent take down and ground fighting (most clubs have altered bjj and took on more submission wrestling applied techniques ;0)

both will cover all the self defence you'll need and keep you very very fit and very capable/handy ;0)

krav maga is a bit brutal..its used by alot of the army's. it doesnt really have any rules so its anything goes!!!

ed

U

user123

If I was you I'd go round different clubs and styles and look which ones got older members who look fit and healthy and sensible. Martial arts were developed to suit young fighters, and the long term effect on a maturing body were of lesser importance. Considering you have a physically demanding job you want to be able to look at older participants and feel inspired and safe in the knowledge that what you will be doing is actually good for you and will energize rather than wreck you. :)

S

Spud

i did shotokan karate as a youngster for about 2 years, i liked the discipline with karate but got fed up with the constant gradings which seemed to be a way of extracting money from the students it is definately a good sport ,my goal is primarily fitness but cant be bothered with the gym this time of year as they are always so packed just after xmas ,I may go back to the muay thai as I already have the kit ,I have a local club near me and will go there tomorrow to check it out

Reply to Martial Arts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently an A-Level DT student. My project involves me making a product for my...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Martial Arts
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.