Discuss Mates bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
It's a thing of beauty!

P1010308.jpg

P1010309.jpg

P1010310.jpg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Monnaco suite from B&Q.
P shaped bath, curved shower screen, Pedestal basin and WC, waste and taps.
Bargain for under £500 BUT........here comes the rant:
B&Q failed to arrange delivery so I picked it up myself from store in the van and dropped it of at my mates house.
Checked it all over and found they'd given us a left hand bath by mistake.
Trip back to swap for RH bath.
After the rip out spent 2nd day doing first fix plumbing. Because of the added width of the bath at the tap end the shower would foul the screen. the screen would foul the basin, the basin would foul the WC etc so all feeds and wastes had to be moved over.

P1010314.jpg

P1010315.jpg

P1010316.jpg

P1010317.jpg

P1010318.jpg

Rad pipes altered to chrome for towel rad
P1010319.jpg

Went to fit the toilet To discover there was no gubbins in the cistern :mad2:
Trip back to B&Q for all the missing parts! Fit toilet and the cistern is longer on one side so noticably looks unlevel. Decide to pack out on final fit as there's no guarantee a new one would be any better!

3rd day I arrive to start tiling and notice a damp patch under the bath.
Damaged bath, phone call to B&Q and they agree to deliver a new one in a couple of hours. Not even a simple sorry from them - made me feel like I was putting them out.
Realise I had none of my plumbing gear in the van as I was tiling today.
Mad dash to screwfix for tap spanner, silicone, plumbers mait and a hole saw for the taps.

Bath out and wait another 4 hours until they finally decide to poll up.
New bath has no cradle or feet with it - back to B&Q!!!
Oh and the waste on the basin didn't have enough thread on it to seal the S trap, easily sorted with an extra washer but never had that problem with any other basin I've fixed.
I think the moral is B&Q suites are cheap for a reason. Quality is hit and miss, and damage and missing bits are common. You know that an unlucky customer will buy the toilet with the missing parts the store worker removed for me.

Attachments

• P1010314.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 32
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mates bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB