Discuss Megger MFT-X1, definitely a step backwards. Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Megger MFT-X1, definitely a step backwards. Discussion ThreadMegger MFT-X1, definitely a step backwards. Electrical Advice

Hi guys & gals,

I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday and wrapped it back up on Monday evening, ready to send back...

I've been using my megger 1720 for about 7 or 8 years for domestic and commercial testing and lots of fault finding and I wanted to start testing EV chargers, hence I bought this new beauty. But soon I realised that's all it is, a beauty.

Now I was looking online for non sponsored reviews to see if anyone is experiencing the same level of frustration as me but I can't seem to find any. So I started writing a list of pros and cons, the latter a lot longer unfortunately.

Here comes the list... Please tell me if I'm wrong in any way and try to convince me to keep it, although I think it might be waste of breath.

Pros:
- It can test EV chargers but so can the 1741+

- I'm really "flipping" struggling here.

Cons:
- No proper auto start for live tests like in the 17 series. You need to "prime" the test by pushing the test button before touching live terminals for Zs or RCD. Can't just plug it in and wait for it to start.

- Insulation resistance test takes 5 seconds of loading before it shows you ANY reading.

- Newly designed croc clips that come with it are rubbish. Rounded in the middle so wires slip out.

- No normal probes come with it. Only some oversized long ones.

- Doesn't come with padding for the neck strap and the neck strap has 2 tiny buckles on it for no apparent reason. They're just there to snap and drop your tester as a result.

- The current test is barely used by anyone in domestic or commercial. Why do I have to turn the dial past it every single time when I want to go to low Ohms or MOhms tests... If we want to measure amps, we'd just use our simple clamp meter/voltage indicator with clamp on it.

- It's heavy.

- It says you can get a battery carrier for AA batteries but that's not available (yet) . So if your...

Read more

Megger MFT-X1, definitely a step backwards. for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Megger MFT-X1, definitely a step backwards. Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Megger MFT-X1, definitely a step backwards. Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond