Discuss Messy Plasterer + Unsealed Slate Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

You need to remove as much of it as possible before wetting it, hoover all the dust up, get it out of the grout lines if you have not grouted yet. Then I would be using plain old water and lots of it, have two or three buckets with a sponge in each one and do a metre at a time, then replace the dirty water, keep doing this until the water stays clean.
When its all dry get it sealed.

And dont use the messy plasterer again, he is obviously a bit dim for not using dust sheets.

Click on the link for your sealer, you wont get better than these.

LTP Online | Pick Finish

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

Yeah dim alright.
It was a young lad with the plasterer.
Not sure if the water method is gonna be enough as i have tried that already. Might just have to try harder although when it dries there is still a reidue where the plaster appears to have soaked into the porous slate.

Have you tried brick acid? That will shift it for sure, make sure you dilute it down.

A

Aston

i was going to write something similar to what andrew and dave wrote but i thought nahh, it'll look like i am defending the plasterers union lol

gotta admit tho, if it were my floor and it hadnt been sealed, then id of definately definately made sure it was covered and people were made fully aware!!! your the tiler, the responsibilty lies at your feet, not your plasterers ( excuse the pun)

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
The trouble is we all know about about un-sealed stone, and the plasterer does not. Did you have the area taped off to stop people walking on it? Did you tell the plasterer to be very careful not to get any plaster on the slate...Dont think you can really blame him, plastering is a messy job..unless he was told i think its down to you to sort it out.

you cant be serious? plastering may be a messy job...thats what sheets are for. anyone who thinks its acceptable to make a mess of anyones elses property by trampling plaster all over the floors shouldnt be there in the 1st place totally unprofessional

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
sorry andrew that sounded like a rant at you and it wasnt meant to be that way...

ive had a similar experience with a plasterer this week lol who decided to trample plaster all over a viccy floor and over the customers carpets

i know plastering is messy but i expect any trde whos attached to my work/jobs to leaver the customers house as they found it,if it was me and a plasterer made a mes sof my floors id be asking for them to clean it at there expense

A

Aston

on a domestic job, id totally agree with you jaime but sometimes on sites, tradesman are always doing things like this.

i was working with phil hobson last week and we were on a site in manchester. while we were there, one of the decorators walked on the victorian tiling, then a joiner was on the scaffolding and started drilling and the dust and k-rap went all over the adhesive and in the end, we had to lock the doors, make all the other trades use the back door and barracade off the front of the shop to stop people walking on the floor while we were away so site situatations cause trades to think, arr it'll all be cleaned at the end by cleaning contractors and they arnt as careful as they sometimes should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Messy Plasterer + Unsealed Slate Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello I have tiled my floor with slate tiles. Due to some scheduling issues prior to sealing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've installed a breathable limecrete floor with wet UFH in order to manage problems...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Messy Plasterer + Unsealed Slate Floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.