Discuss Methods of getting work in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
As I've never really been in this position before until now due ,to a few local tile shops I did alot of work for closing down I've had to go out looking for work! I find it all so trying, you go to different tile outlets, builders , plumbing supplies etc and meet the management, you have a good chat with them show them your work and references and come away thinking that went well, something's bound to turn up here, but nothing does! I've dropped in cards here and their, went to estate agents to get info on sold houses , posted flyers , travelled around looking for buildings that are being renovated to meet the owners to pass on my work details! If it wasn't for word of mouth at the moment I'd been down to virtually no work at all, and that can't last forever ! Has anyone else been struggling in February ?
Any suggestions of obtaining work would be much appreciated!

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I like to keep my options open at all times if possible, i used to rely on certain parts to get work, now i constantly push all avenues. Suppliers i go into as often as possible, have a cuppa, a chat and ask them all about how they are doing, a box of doughnunts never goes a miss.... Recommendations are always good and i get more of them than anything else really... My website is pretty new, i got it done just before xmas, i try to keep it up to date with new pics as that's all customers want to see most of the time... I'm now also looking at a few other things after going on a short course about promoting you and your business. Basically the best advise is don't get caught napping and always push. Good luck hope you get something :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Methods of getting work in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hello, as a novice, I need some advice. Our landscapers have been doing a fantastic job so far...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB