Discuss Metro tiles in bathroom dilema in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

maxgrout

Hi all,

Greetings from a new member. I joined this forum to get ideas and advise as I'm about to dive headfirst into my first sizeable tiling job. I'm tiling a bathroom using White Gloss Metro (150x75) tiles. I will try to explain the layout.

I have a window above the bath tub which will also have a shower. The wall at the foot of the bath will only be tiled to the edge of the bathtub, i.e., I wont be tiling the whole wall. The opposite wall will however be completely tiled, so I have 3 walls in total. I have removed most of the original tiles and as expected, most of the "skim coat" of plaster came down with the tiles. I'm therefore re-skimming the wall using the "one coat" stuff which I'm getting flat but not worrying about perfection here. So far so good but I'm a bit confused about the layout of the tiles.

I wanted to avoid having any cut tiles underneath the window recess and have worked out that I can get eight tiles in (perfectly) between the window ledge and the top of the bathtub. However this will mean that I will have to cut into a tile at the top of the window. Option 2 is to shift everything up a bit which will mean a row of cut tiles above the bathtub, cut tiles around the corners of the window (Top and Bottom) plus a row of cut tiles at the ceiling. I'm not so worried about the horizontal layout but the vertical layout is giving me grief. Can you guys throw some ideas my way before I set out.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Metro tiles in bathroom dilema in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB