Discuss Minimum charging (bathroom floors) in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

i cant believe that some guys are cutting round sanitary ware.get it out it also gives yo more space to work in too.mind and cover with insurance
Billy i know exactly what you mean m8 but there is the issue here that the customer might not want to pay for the extra cost of removing sanitary ware and if you really want the job then you either do it or biote the bullet and take it out and do it free.:thumbsup:

I

infidel

What do you guys use to get the shape around toilet if you can't remove it.
Have got a nightmare one to finish off on Monday. Cant remove the toilet & has so far taken ages to get the cut 'perfect'. Just as I was losing the will to live with the damn thing I found the old lino that had been removed from the toilet floor & can now use that as a template. :hurray:

What other methods do people use? Solder wire? Profile tool?

Cheers

R

rob hutchinson

I have found that one of the easiest ways of cutting a near perfect shape around a wc pan is to use a template. To do this I suggest using wallpaper/linning paper and first cut the template to the exact size of a full tile. Then placing your template in the position that you need the cut tile, form a crease in the template around the shape of the wc pan. You can now choose to either cut this shape out of your template by using either a sharp stanley blade or scissors. Now try the template into the required position checking for accuracy and make any final adjustments to it. As long as the template fits well, the you are assured the cut tile will fit also..........It is easier to cut paper than tile. I use this method for cutting vinyl tiles such as Karndean/Amtico etc and it works for me........Try it out, good luck:thumbsup:
----
I have found that one of the easiest ways of cutting a near perfect shape around a wc pan is to use a template. To do this I suggest using wallpaper/linning paper and first cut the template to the exact size of a full tile. Then placing your template in the position that you need the cut tile, form a crease in the template around the shape of the wc pan. You can now choose to either cut this shape out of your template by using either a sharp stanley blade or scissors. Now try the template into the required position checking for accuracy and make any final adjustments to it. As long as the template fits well, the you are assured the cut tile will fit also..........It is easier to cut paper than tile. I use this method for cutting vinyl tiles such as Karndean/Amtico etc and it works for me........Try it out, good luck:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tfs

I think its straight forward enough to cut neatly round toilets. It only really becomes a no no when you are working with the like of 600 x 600 tiles as the pan and pedistal can be an issue with these tiles.

I would certainly much preffer to tile with the pan etc out but, I dont think all customer want this to be done.

I though it would be a good idea to see what the other guys in the forum done. I find it easy enough just to cut round with a wet saw and then usew the file to touch up some edges.
----
Grumpy,

In your experience does that usualy get the customer to get the plumber in?

kris

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Minimum charging (bathroom floors) in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm new to tiling and looking for some advice. I'm practical and usually pretty good...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB