Discuss Minton Tile cleaning? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nicola3698

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have minton tile flooring in the hallway of my house and it is quite dirty and have bits of glue etc on it as it had been hidden for years under a carpet. I have had a quote from a restoration company of £500!! I would like to see if I could do it myself and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good cleaner/ adhesive remover and sealant varnish and any general tips of how to do it.

Thanks Nicky

M

Marble Life Ltd

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have minton tile flooring in the hallway of my house and it is quite dirty and have bits of glue etc on it as it had been hidden for years under a carpet. I have had a quote from a restoration company of £500!! I would like to see if I could do it myself and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good cleaner/ adhesive remover and sealant varnish and any general tips of how to do it.

Thanks Nicky

Nicky

I totally concur with Dave on this! £500 is not expensive. The materials alone will be at least a £100 let alone the equipment required to do it correctly and if the quote includes sealing it is a fantasti8c price. As Dave says ask for customer references and ask to see their Portfolio.

Kevin
Marble Life Ltd

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Minton Tile cleaning? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi ! I’m a homeowner without any tiles related knowledge. So recently i use this hard chemical...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello Tilers! I am a homeowner in California and I thought I'd come say hi in search of a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Minton Tile cleaning?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.