Discuss Mirror flush with tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Jon329

TF
Devon
Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding packing out the difference between the tile height and the plasterboard.

I've stuck a few mirrors on before but they've always been on a solid wall rather than plastboard, and these tiles are thicker than anything ive used in the past, being 10mm.

I've done some research online and most people suggest either hardie backer or plywood to pack out the difference.

I've decided to go down route of getting 5.5mm moisture resistant plywood that I had planned to stick with no nails type adhesive and screws, ( maybe exterior grade wood glue might be better as its wood to paper ?? ) then stick the mirror on with mirror grip adhesive.

Does anyone see an issue with this? I had decided against the hardie method due to the fact that its slightly thicker and the tile adhesive would bring it out further, and I wasn't sure how well silicone would stick to hardiebackers dusty surface.

Mirror is 1.2m x 1.2m

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20201216_161324.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 34
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mirror flush with tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB