Discuss Mirror with pebble border feature in bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nez

Hi!!

Me and my partner are currently putting a new bathroom in, suite has been changed, floor has been laid, just the tiling to be done!
Now im not too shabby on the tiling front :thumbsup: we bought our first house at xmas and put a new kitchen in in january, which i tiled whilst 9months pregnant!!! Had alot of compliments on that job :smilewinkgrin:
Anyway!, Im still deciding on which tiles to use etc, but have decided i want a mirror above the bath, with a black pebble border around.
My question to you knowledgable peeps is:
a) do you need a special mirror
b) how do you fix the mirror to the wall

Sorry if im asking silly questions, just want some advise! Mirror size i'd like is 100x60cm.

Thankyou!

Nez

S

Scott

Hi Nez

Welcome to the forum.

The mirror can be standard mirror but id go for at least 4mm. You can ask the glaziers to 'arris' the edges to take of the really sharp bits, this makes it easier to handle and safer once installed just incase the edges are exposed. The glaziers will most likely have mirror fixing adhesive available too. Dont use normal silicone as it an attack the silvering on the rear of the mirror where the proper stuff wont.
Good luck with it

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mirror with pebble border feature in bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hello, New here, been reading tons of posts and found some great info on this site :). Half...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
G
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please forgive any silly questions, I've taken on rather a big...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB