Discuss Mitering crackle glazed tiles - Fired Earth Retro Metro in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

N

newplumb

Some advice wanted please. Is it possible to get a decent mitre joint with crackle glazed tiles? Had a practice with one of the Fired Earth Retro Metro tiles today on current bathroom job. The crackles near the cut line broke out and it looked very messy. Admittedly the blade on my diamond cutter is probably due for a change (not the narrowest either), but I have the feeling that even a brand new narrow blade would still produce the same result.

Fired Earth say it can be done, but does anyone out there have any suggestions on this score?

Thanks

N

newplumb

Thanks Chalker. I attempted the cut on my Vitrex Diamond wet saw, but because of the way the table angles to achieve the mitre I found it difficult to do without going in to the glaze (running the tile through upside down). Maybe I'd have better success with a thinner blade do you think?

But were you suggesting using a hand held grinder and doing it 'by eye'? To do this I presume you would need to carefully clamp the tile. Would a thin multipurpose blade be best?

Thanks

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Thanks Chalker. I attempted the cut on my Vitrex Diamond wet saw, but because of the way the table angles to achieve the mitre I found it difficult to do without going in to the glaze (running the tile through upside down). Maybe I'd have better success with a thinner blade do you think?

But were you suggesting using a hand held grinder and doing it 'by eye'? To do this I presume you would need to carefully clamp the tile. Would a thin multipurpose blade be best?

Thanks
you can use any diamond blade in a grinder . Clamp the tile and be patient, it's not a fast process.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mitering crackle glazed tiles - Fired Earth Retro Metro in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
T
Exhausted all options in looking at this. So. Plastered walls, primed, Weber set rapid, Homelux...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
T
Do any of you have any experience in cutting crackle glaze ceramic tiles? what methods have you...
Replies
Views
D
I work as a self employed tiler and after moving in to my new home decided to re fit the...
Replies
Views
Help please!
H
Hi A few months back I installed some crackle glaze tiles with a red biscuit. Prior to fixing...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB