UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Mixing paddle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I have a Evolution twister at present.. approx 90 quid from Toolstation... also used to have a Sparky one from Scr8wfix but i thought they had discontinued them but noticed last week they are doing them again... they are a good mixer and will be getting one again soon as my evolution has lasted nearly 2 yrs.. so not bad for 90 quid IMO.. but my sparky one was few yr old but the trigger went and i nacked it taking it apart :lol:

But if funds and the wife allowed i would have a refina../ Eibenstock :):)

J

jonnyc

I use paddles with m14 thread and i have to say that i have seen marked deterioration in quality in last year.
i think you now really do get what you pay for.
there is one that i used to get that had a good life usage but now this has been reduced by at least 80%.
i wont name it as some people will know supplier and think i should tell supplier first .he is very good on most products.
what i have done till now is switch back to previous supplier who is more expensive. that is refina .
only time will tell if their whisks are as good as they used to be.
this leads me on to buckets to mix adhesive in.
the quality of black builder buckets is simply appalling now and even the so called yellow ones last not much longer.
if i had the time i would go through my receipts and probably find i spend well over £ 500.00 a year on buckets.
the time has really come when im thinking to ay £15-20 on good german bucket, cant find one in uk and hope no one swipes them .
they now seem good value.
to put in context though, my business are not knocking up a few mixes a day.
we are solid bedding stone to average 7 mm bed to level floor and a bucket gets a good hammering and probably affected by a whisk that is not what it used to be.
buckets and pencils are my big bug bear but will do a new post re pencils.
ive found abeauty and it saves hundreds of pounds a yaer i reckon.

P

Peter

Been using mixing paddles made by Tala tools for the last 3 years. Got about two years out of the last one. Great quality welds so last for ages and don't mind being bashed with the hammer. Give a good mix too as they're a spiral whisk rather than the cheaper two stranded mixers with spot welds. Cost about 12 quid for a standard hex fitting.

Don't really like the large M14 mixing paddles for general day to day mixing - a bit big for anthing under one bag.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mixing paddle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
I've been surfing various tile websites for the last month, and have noticed several things...
Replies
Views
clairedivas727
C
T
Hi All, I have a small 80cm x80cm homemade table (indoor) with a plywood top which I want to...
Replies
Views
MarkOfLoxley
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.