Discuss Mobile phone and lager do not mix. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Well.. my lager on saturday night was very very cold and the few drips down the glass sides kind of left a puddle on my desk..didn't notice it but my mobile was laid in this puddle and is now poorly..:yikes:

Tried all day yesterday to dry it out and it is now working for calls.. the screen is darkish and cloudy and the memory card is knacked and all my pics gone.. etc..:mad2:

Sooo it might last till my upgrade in February.. was May but orange say i can upgrade early in feb..

U

user123

Oh, nooo!! direct heat!! not good... hmmm.... do you think there is any moisture left inside? what you are SUPPOSED to do is remove all removable parts, like battery etc, as you did, clean all the parts you can reach with alcohol, even alcoholic contact spray works, (feels wrong to do it though, but it works like the alcoholic ear drops for swimmers ear... :lol: ) to disperse the water, and then stick it into a bowl of uncooked rice to absorb any moisture left, over night...

M

Max@ableskills

Oh, nooo!! direct heat!! not good... hmmm.... do you think there is any moisture left inside? what you are SUPPOSED to do is remove all removable parts, like battery etc, as you did, clean all the parts you can reach with alcohol, even alcoholic contact spray works, (feels wrong to do it though, but it works like the alcoholic ear drops for swimmers ear... :lol: ) to disperse the water, and then stick it into a bowl of uncooked rice to absorb any moisture left, over night...

I have actually used this method with the rice and it worked. It absorbed all of the stella artois out of my phone when a similar thing that happened to dave happened to me lol

Reply to Mobile phone and lager do not mix. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Ok so this was my 1st time having wanting to attend for years. Lots of my mates go each year and...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mobile phone and lager do not mix.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.