UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Modular Flooring in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The manufacturer of the tiles will usually give you the tile designs. I have some Johnsons porcelain 4 sizes in my lounge and they gave me an option of about 4 designs using all tiles sizes, they had other designs for using 3 and 2 sizes too.

Usually you can work out a pattern that tessellates out over a certain area, then you work out what coverage that gives and then divide your total floor area by the coverage per pattern to give you tile qty for your floor.

It usually fairly easy to work out to be honest.

Is there a specific set of tile sizes you want to play with? as I can spend a minute doing a couple of designs for you when I get a mo.

G

guy1976

there is a couple on net. crap with computers so dont know how to put a link to them
bedrosians.com have some patterns on their site or theres another 1 which is a driveway and patio design site which you can put the sizes of tiles you have and area to be tiled and it generates different patterns for you its called bradstone driveway and patio designer 2006 which you can download for free

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
there is a couple on net. crap with computers so dont know how to put a link to them
bedrosians.com have some patterns on their site or theres another 1 which is a driveway and patio design site which you can put the sizes of tiles you have and area to be tiled and it generates different patterns for you its called bradstone driveway and patio designer 2006 which you can download for free

Here's your link mate - Tile Design Tips & Techniques

You just copy the 'Web Address' from your 'Browser' and paste it into the message using the fully address (so keeping the http://www.)..... just for future reference. Feel free to paste some random links in this topic if you want to practise. :)

View attachment 69884

Last edited:
G

GazTech

No Trev thanks,got all I need from the aforementioned villagio design site,but won't turn down the sniff of a thong
icon10.gif

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Modular Flooring in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.