Discuss Mondrian tiling??? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Newby_New

Hello everyone & thanks in advance for taking the time to read & respond.

I'm planning to create a sort of Mondrian design with the tiles in my kitchen. I have no clue about the practical matters, I just know how I would like it to look. I do have a pro in to do the actual tiling but time is of the essence and I need to get the tiles in before he starts work!

To do it I'll need plain black and plain white tiles and very bright yellow, red and blue tiles. It seems like I can get these colours from some ranges, but I need them to be different sizes too.

Can anyone tell me whether it is important to use tiles from the same range for this project (I don't want it to be uneven etc) and if so does anyone know of any ranges available (on a pretty limited budget) with these colours and different sizes? Or can anyone advise me on how I can achieve the look I would like?

Many thanks!

T

Time's Ran Out

500 offcuts of trav!?!?!?!

Thats why he needs a new cutter!

Not sure if 'Mondrian' describes the layout of the tiles or if it's coupled to the geometric range of colours divided by linear inlays.
Its certainly a specific style and takes me back to an early 1980's bathroom I had in red/white/blue - funny enough when I sold the flat it was the first thing the new owners changed!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Working to a supplied tile pattern. The pile of pieces were wide ranging. I'll post some pics when I get them off my phone and onto here. To be honest, I almost changed my mind and wanted to do my wet room with them but i'm going to stick to my 90 x 45's and 2" Carrera marble mosaics.
Just suprised. One advantage i find with using stone, at least with past jobs ive done is waste is minimal.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mondrian tiling??? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB