UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss mosaic backer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
just been given this today off a mate who has opened a new tile shop.
ive tried it today on 24 sheets,gotta say its bloody brilliant.

he says its been around for years but aint took off really,anyone used it before photo.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
so if the mosaic is already on mesh ? is there a chance of cutting down the surface area of the tile coming into contact with the adhesive even more ? thus the likelihood of delimitation ?
possible,but it sticks like the proverbial to a blanket,and i would of thought its been tested,try it,its great,everybody on here knows what a pain mosaics are,flimsy and like someone pointed out they slip and push out as the weight pushes down.
Hell,im not trying to sell it,just thought id pass it on,easiest and quickest mosaics ive done

I've been trying some out to make the mosaics from scratch. It's great because you don't have to worry about the glue, I was told it was suitable for both exterior and wet areas.
The only problem I find is that using 10mm pieces you have to be careful they sit on the mesh properly. If I'm doing a diagonal line then they do line up with the holes. I like to try stuff out properly so the image shows how well it held the tesserae and I then dropped it, flat onto the ground from chest height and I only had 3 tesserae come off.

One thing I was going to ask though, the tesserae are 4mm thick, how thick should my adhesive layer be when I set them? I use Mapei Keraquick and they've just been going onto Hardi board at the mo. beava mesh 2.JPG

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to mosaic backer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.