Discuss mosaic help please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rbis5368

Hello,
I'm a new member looking for some advice on repairing an existing shop front mosaic. I would like to do it myself (no money I'm afraid , we are trying to fit out the shop and build a bakery on site).
It has been badly repaired and parts of the front and back are missing/damaged. As a starting point I have removed a section of tiles from the front and back to get a relatively neat edge (I have saved the tiles) and plan to use the taken up tiles to create a neat border. There is not enough tiles to complete all the work so I plan to make a narrow border (approx 8 cm) at front and back that will match the colour of our new shop front.
I wonder if I could ask for some advice as to how to do this project correctly - how to prep the surface, how to stabilise existing tiles, what adhesive and grout to use etc, where to buy tiles from (I don't need many)
I hope you can help - there are some lovely mosaics on this site :)
I can post pictures if neccessary.

R

rbis5368

I did want to add pictures but couldn't first time round - will try again ! mosaic 1.jpg mosaic 2.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to mosaic help please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views
Kitchen Tiling Guide This simple Kitchen Tiling Guide is something a lot of people could have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB