Discuss Mosaic question for tilers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

Had a customer come back today and say that the tiler says that the mosaics we supplied weren't right ? These were 48x48 cubes on a 30x30 sheet,There was one cube on each sheet a millimetre closer than the rest ! Would you send your customer back with this or would you overcome this ?
I never expect sheets of mosaic to ever be one hundred percent perfect, like Marc says just open up and sort accordingly

IMG_7202.JPG
IMG_7203.JPG
I was given these last week to lay :tearsofjoy: tell him to get over it

B

Blunt Tool

Pah! They're perfect!:D

These are fired earth, £36.00 a sheet!!
Paperfaced pearlescent 20 x 20mm

View attachment 88383

View attachment 88385

View attachment 88384

Some time later..,,,,..
Not perfect, but acceptable.

View attachment 88386
Had a nut job of an apprentice years back got fed up of soaking the paper and peeling off, bright spark decided it would be a good idea to spray his lighter fluid over paper and set alight! Good luck it was sand and cement screed walls and floor. Buckets of water everywhere and sacked at end of day!!!

J

J Sid

O

Old Mod

always said you get what you pay for.
marc's hourly rate, worth every penny to sort that out ;)

Client was amazing, she was more than happy for me to carry on, just wanted what she wanted, nothing more.
However, I can say with ALL honesty, I nearly changed trades 3 times! Haha
But as we all know, they're JUST tiles! :D

aytiling

TF
Arms
Nottingham
Pah! They're perfect!:D

These are fired earth, £36.00 a sheet!!
Paperfaced pearlescent 20 x 20mm

View attachment 88383

View attachment 88385

View attachment 88384

Some time later..,,,,..
Not perfect, but acceptable.

View attachment 88386
You are actually supposed to leave them more or less like that. RUSTIC is the key word here.
I worked solely for FE for 18 years and did countless metres of those (the black pearlescent retailed at nearly £500, I did a 25mtr. bathroom in those)
All of the showrooms have them done like on the sheets, so that is what the customer is expecting to see, give them anything else and you can't do wrong for doing right.

Reply to Mosaic question for tilers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hello friends. I am looking for a bit of advice, you would be so kind. I have been a long...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB