Discuss Mosaic tiles onto concrete flower bed - HELP PLEASE! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mdoyle

Hi, i'm doing a project with a school, and we are planning to create a large scale mosaic using small tiles made from broken ceramics etc. .This is the frist time i have done any mosaic work, so I would greatly appreciate your help!

We want to make a mosaic around a large concrete flower bed (already filled with soil and plants). I have heard that it wouldn't be possible to mosaic onto this surface because it would be damp - is this true? Would concrete not stick to this surface? If it's any help, the surface is rough, so i'd imagine the tiles would hold if the concrete/mortar adhesive dried?

It would be great if somebody could clear this up for me! Thanks in advance!

Megan

T

Time's Ran Out

1292505960685.jpg Some Spanish guy built this garden 100 years ago and its still going - mind you they have trouble with lizards and strange women.

and ....WELCOME

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mosaic tiles onto concrete flower bed - HELP PLEASE! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
A
hello I would love to know what people think these tiles are under the Lino in my kitchen. The...
Replies
Views
Aussierenovators
A
D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
B
Hi all. I have a problem with some small mosaic glass tiles. The glass mosaics are 8mm thick...
Replies
Views
Dave H
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Mosaic tiles onto concrete flower bed - HELP PLEASE!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.