Discuss mosaic tiling to swimming pool in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,

Tiling swimming pool tomorrow and the client has quite rightly stated that they want no visible sheet lines so im adamant that we should stagger the sheets to best hide any variances and my partners adamant that we don't need to and should just keep laying in uniform runs.

I've laid plenty of mosaic in my time but not over a long span so it kinda makes sense to me to stagger them, although I could be wrong.

Anyone have any feedback for us?

Appreciated.

Thanks

S

steve187

hold on, if the guy is an experienced tiler then tiling a swimming pool should not be that much of a problem. a bit of research will do it,,, its not rocket science,

no problem but would be safer with someone that has done one before.

would you fly a jumbo for the first time without some assistance, when you are only experienced with microlights

M

MTiler

It doesnt matter if you stagger sheets or not,I dont myself, but however you do it you have to be careful not to have sheets visable. Every now and then remember to stand well back from the area your working on and anything amiss will stand out, as your working so close to the material its hard to see whats in front of you. Always use a laser level to keep it all level, but also if you rest your cheek on the wall and look along the rows you'll spot any kinks. I also look up and down the columns double checking especially when opening up sheets.
Have fun

sharon

Reply to mosaic tiling to swimming pool in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m not a tiler by trade but have tiled plenty of times in rental properties both on...
Replies
Views
Teri Kopec
T
I have posted on here before when my husband was designing and preparing to lay a pattern on a...
Replies
Views
So attempting my first wetroom floor. Tough-X Linear wet room kit bought from the very helpful...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB