Discuss Mosaic type tiles mounted on a solid tile but groutable! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

newgirl

Just seen some tiles in Porcelanosa that are mosaic style but instead of being on a sheet they are on a solid tile that you can then grout - making them look like true mosaics but not such a nightmare to put up. However, being Porcelanosa they were very expensive - does anybody know if anybody else sells this groutable style? I know most places sell mosaics on a solid tile but they all seem to be "ready grouted" and they never look right as they don't match the actual grout. Hope that makes sense!

B

Bolter

Be wary though as the best finish for some of these is a 1mm joint, but having a 1mm joint is not the most advisable in a shower area, but you never know, you might never have a problem with it.

Had some to lay for site work the other week that were so poorly made that even if you butted them up (i.e no joint) , which I didnt do by the way, you still saw each big tile quite easily. Looked really crap, and would only work as a 2 tile splashback IMO. Wish I had porcelanosa that day I tell you!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mosaic type tiles mounted on a solid tile but groutable! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I had some mosaics installed the other week and seeing some very odd discoloration on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm due to install Fired Earth glass mosaics (*££!!) and am a bit nervous about safety...
Replies
Views
My tiled bathroom floor is new but I have moisture seemingly seeping up through the grouting in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Mosaic type tiles mounted on a solid tile but groutable!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.