Discuss Mosaic work in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Obviously i do a loads of m2 in a year what are the things that annoy you about working with it ? :thumbsup:.
i hate to see tilers stop -bead used with it .
i like to see grout lines -lining through it.
some -times it looks a bit crap when it's randomly added to a job ,! and not used as the main event .
i hate to see any sharp edges on Glass mosaic .

Please add to this list guys of any little quirk's you may have about MOSAIC OR WORKING WITH IT ? :hurray:

S

Spud

I prefer the paper faced mosaic i always work with a clean plasterers steel trowel so i can straighen up my work when i take the paper off , i also use a rubbing stone to flatten the substrate and rub out any day joints or over spread will always stagger my sheets and use a hard nylon brush to brush out any adhesive that grins out the joint when i clean up my work i try to work to full cubes where ever possible and will over board or render out wall and reveals to achieve it , cutting i use a stick of wood laid over the mosaic sheet over cardboard and run the grinder along the wood so the mosaic doesnt shatter ,when cutting and always leave enough space so i dont have to nip cuts in and offer the cut sheets in

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mosaic work in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB