UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss mosaics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rhinos

Need advice please . Have fixed 300x300 sheets of 50mm cubes of mosiacs which are "mixed marble mosiacs" meaning that they are varied in size, twisted etc. When spoltlights have been put on them they show lips which look terrible. Take the lights away and they seem fine apart from knowing that there are lips some bigger than others. Contractor chose the tiles and supplied them. I have told them my views about them but they seem to think its a workmanship thing even though we tiled another mosiac product which was perfect. Tile supplier admitted to me that its not a workmanship issue and its their tiles but says an independent view will be required. I am not a member of the TTA so dont know what to do as they are holding back £5000. Help would be appreciated.

R

rhinos

I will get some photos over and the areas are small like a splashback.Howevere, where requested by the client we have tiles full height. As Ive siad its convincing them but at the moment they wont have it as they say its a workmanship isuue. Its just an excuse not to pay. I have a meeting with citizens advice on moday to help my write a letter back. Thanks guys. Any more advice would be grateful

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

well if you get a sample sheet from the tile shop go-over to the shop so you can find a bad example then show it to the customer and explain that you can't level them as they are on a mesh as you beat them flat :thumbsup: you could even pick a few off the sheet to show against each other the difference in thickness , good luck mate and don't be fobbed -off with a reduction in your money :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to mosaics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I had some mosaics installed the other week and seeing some very odd discoloration on...
Replies
Views
Hi I've purchased Geo Mosaic Brighton Pattern Tiles (GEO-351) which were sold by Waxman Tiles...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.