Discuss Mosaics in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Isn't this what the forum is for?
Did you know everything from the start?
At least I have come for advice.
If you have nothing good to add don't bother mate.

Come on Dave ! This is exactly what a forum is for - so everyone can express a view and discuss a subject that we are passionate about . On sites you'll be up against time served tradesman that will give you real stick if your not up to it. We all have our own ways of replying and I thought mine was most considerate! Not sure if your thread was really thought through properly.

T

Time's Ran Out

So how did you manage to begin your tiling empire knowing it all? I sure as heck didn't!

But this is possibly why our trade is held in such low esteem amongst the building industry and especially in the domestic market. Too many chancers around who undertake contracts without the knowledge to complete the work to the relevant British Standards and are yet prepared to give the impression of a professional tradesman and charge the customers for work they had no experience in.
Again just a personal observation based on a variety of recent posts!

nybor62

TF
rotherham
So how did you manage to begin your tiling empire knowing it all? I sure as heck didn't!

i dont pretend to know it all . i started in 1979. i was'nt allowed near a tile until id learnt to grout 1st , £15 a week .
i love my trade , i hate to see it being flooded with tilers with very little idea of the correct methods and knowledge

M

Mallorcaman

Nope because i have asked and asked around my local area after doing the two week course in newcastle. You get a grounding but your not anywhere newr a tiler. I would love to be a tiler full time. Have just moved back to the uk from spain and am currently looking for work. Would love to go out and help with a pro and learn over time. Im no humpty and can do the job but would like to spend a year or two working alongside and then further on "with" somebody not against. Have all but given up as nobody wants to help as there too busy? Then you need a hand no? Did my mates travertine floor and kitchen walls last week and loved every single minute of it. All but given up trying to get into the industry as cannot get a break. Really love the job but feel if no work by xmas i will have to go back to my old career. They say its a dying trade but seems very hard to get into for the next generation.
Love this forum and all the helpfull info on here.
Thanks
jeff

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mosaics in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. I recently tiled a shower floor with a basalt mosaic tile. I used kerapoxy for the...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views
I have installed a wetroom form (the style below). I have removed the floorboards and lowered...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB