Discuss Mosiacs on a bathroom floor!!!!!!! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

A lot of joints there doug......plenty moisture ingression........i would deffo go for the hardi marc...but use 22m ply and nog out the joists every 300mm as well...then screw down tot he joists and noggins...flexi spf rapid for sticking the hardi down and to tile with a white spf..unless grey grout then grey adshesive..

The hardi just adds that litte bit extra strength..

G

Grace'sDad

Be aware of the grout colour!

I had a customer in Dec who wanted white floor grout.
Floor grout turned out fractionally darker than white wall grout.
Resulted in 2 lost days and non payment of £175.

She was a truly beautiful human being to rob me like that on Xmas eve.
She even had the nerve to ask what I was getting my girls for Xmas. I said not a lot now seeing as I am so out pocket!

M

marc1106

A lot of joints there doug......plenty moisture ingression........i would deffo go for the hardi marc...but use 22m ply and nog out the joists every 300mm as well...then screw down tot he joists and noggins...flexi spf rapid for sticking the hardi down and to tile with a white spf..unless grey grout then grey adshesive..

I usually just screw the backerboard @150mm intervals when going over ply then use flexi to stick the tiles! SHOULD i be sticking the backer down with addy( and why) then dave?!

M

marc1106

She even had the nerve to ask what I was getting my girls for Xmas. I said not a lot now seeing as I am so out pocket!

as they are mosiacs could i not get away with BAL microflex on the floor aswell as the walls, because the grout lines would only be thin due to the sheets?

G

Grace'sDad

as they are mosiacs could i not get away with BAL microflex on the floor aswell as the walls, because the grout lines would only be thin due to the sheets?

BAL eventually admitted that YES I could use microflex on the floor, and that they would guaranteee it, as long as it was a light-traffic area, used 18mm ply or 10mm hardibacker, and used GT1 diluted 1:1 with water.

The first time I asked this they said NO which is why I got so flipped off with them. Tech help said to use Microcolour wide joint grout "brilliant white" to go with the brilliant white microflex on the walls. Only it was more a "dirty grey"!

--Use microflex with GT1, you'll be fine-- all white floor grout will end up grey anyway in my opinion, due to wear and tear etc.

R

R Montgomery

But that's crazy.White sanded grout isn't as white as unsanded so it's common for the floor grout to be darker than the walls.But you get the last laugh.White grout on the floor ha.Hope they have a maid.

D

DHTiling

D

doug boardley

oh yes, it's a mosaic floor! lost the thread title halfway thro' (boys distracted me!) apologies!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mosiacs on a bathroom floor!!!!!!! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I am currently redoing a bathroom. Floor is to be tiled with porcelain tiles. The floor is 22mm...
Replies
Views
N
Hi All, After opinions here. I am ripping up a kitchen a kitchen floating floor in a 1930's...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB