UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Most common thing asked. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
i was tiling a kitchen splash in a factory yesterday. most who came in(about 20 staff) were 'oh my god,i would not of chose them tiles at home' or 'jeez,they horrible' or 'they may look better when you have filled the inbetween bits,but i doubt it'

had quite a depressing morning untill this really nice looking(FIT AS)secretery came in and said 'ooooooo,they look really nice,i may have some work for you at home in the new year,would you like a coffee craig'
erm,yes please:drool5::smilewinkgrin:

I

Ian

my husband asked if it was allright if he did all the full tiles, to save money, we just want you to do the cuts....

I've genuinely been asked that, told them it would cost more to put my name to it....

Created on iPhone.....

Seriously????? I've been asked to finish a job that the man of the house started, but never just to do the cuts!

can i have a cuddle..........

2 customers, one had waited 3 years for her kitchen splashback to be tiled,husband just kept putting it off and when i had finished she just hugged me.
the other customer had me round tile her bathroom that my plumber had rearranged then i had a 32m kitchen/hallway floor then the cloakroom,when id finished i got a big cuddle. worked there on my birthday on one job and got paid half cash half cheque with a tip on the cheque then she pulled out a homemade birthday card,12 cans of magners and there was £50 cash in the card from her and her husband.
top customers that appreciate hard work and i was more chuffed they appreciated my work than the money and cider.

can i have a cuddle..........

2 customers, one had waited 3 years for her kitchen splashback to be tiled,husband just kept putting it off and when i had finished she just hugged me.
the other customer had me round tile her bathroom that my plumber had rearranged then i had a 32m kitchen/hallway floor then the cloakroom,when id finished i got a big cuddle. worked there on my birthday on one job and got paid half cash half cheque with a tip on the cheque then she pulled out a homemade birthday card,12 cans of magners and there was £50 cash in the card from her and her husband.
top customers that appreciate hard work and i was more chuffed they appreciated my work than the money and cider.

And thats what its all about, people:thumbsup:

Reply to Most common thing asked. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.