UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss MOT failure.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

As some of you wll remember, last january my L200 nearly got written off due to a dd (£6.5k repair bill, shame on her!), today it went in for it's mot and failed due to an "excessively worn offside rear shock absorber",
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the car-body rebuild shop had my yoot for near on 2 months repairing all the driverrs side rear end?
Anyway when I got it back after the crash I got a 12 month warranty that covers parts etc that they have fitted and supplied, so here comes the question.... should I hit them for the shock absorber and labour charge to get it through it's mot?....the mechanic that tested it said that he knew it was a second hand shock due to the state of the orignal one on the near side (rear) I'm really tempted to give paint and body clinic a ring and a piece of my mind 'cos I'm still missing 3 chrome trims, (1 door threshold and 2 rear lamp),
All in all it'll cost me about £160 for something they should've sorted,
What would you folks do?

D

doug boardley

they would argue that the shock was fine when fitted. Had it been a new shock then I feel you would have a valid claim. As for the other items I would chase them up.
but they had to rebuild the whole rear end on that side Neale, including new rear axle etc,, the shock that they put on was a second hand generic job that (according to mot fella) was in a very poor state that wasn't due to 12 months wear and tear

D

doug boardley

I remember them saying that if it was all new parts, they;d have to write it off, however all parts they used or sourced would have a 12 month guarantee, but as they seem to have "forgotten" about the trims...oh, did I tell you that they removed the near side trim, hoping that as it looked symmetrical I wouldn't notice:lol:...gonna really take 'em to task. Wanted an l200 for far too long and worked too hard for it to be duped..I think:thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Let's take this as a scenario - Your L200 comes back repaired, with the 2nd hand shocker fitted, and you have an accident due to the shocker failing. They in turn then say they are not paying out because of inferior parts on the car. That leaves you with the bill. I have just had my tyres replaced on my van and was asked if I wanted normal car tyres for the front rather than the van tyres I was replacing, perfectly legal. The mechanic said that if I chose normal tyres, that my insurance could be invalid in the case of an accident. I couldn't see anywhere on my policy where it stated that. So it appears insurance companies can get away with putting on worn/2nd hand/inferior parts and get away with it, but if the boots on the other foot....We always end up paying no matter what.

I would say go for it Doug and don't give up until you get the right outcome! You've probably paid thousands out over the years and received very little back, apart from the odd keyring or Parker pen!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to MOT failure.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
A
Hello everyone, I am new to your forum and I wanted to say alrite to you all, so Alright??! :)...
Replies
Views
NewGirl?
N
R
Hi all. I’m looking for another opinion(s) on this. A friend of mine posted this picture on...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all,I'm in the middle of tiling a kitchen splashback and walls behind the sink and above the...
Replies
Views
epurdy
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.