UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Motorola Defy broken glass screen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Not exactly tiling related, but worth a mention if you have this phone.

I have a Motorola Defy (supposedly ‘life proof’ phone). I dropped it from my lap whilst getting out of the car. It hit the gravel drive and the glass smashed (making a sound like a smashed lightbulb).

I popped into Vodafone and they wanted £150 to replace the glass :yikes:

I did a bit of research online and bought a replacement screen (inc. fitting tools) for £11 off ebay.

It took about an hour to take the phone apart, replace the glass and put it all back together again…………and ‘Yes’ the phone does still work!

I only mention this tale because a lot of people in the building trade bought this phone because of the waterproof/shockproof claims from Motorola.

Cheers
Sean

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I watched the Watchdog article and then dropped my phone a couple of weeks later! I did some web research and basically Motorola don't want to know, and Vodafone will fix it for £150. I don't have phone insurance (Vodafone insurance from £4.99 a month!). So for £11 and an hour of my time dismantling my phone I thought this was the best option.

I like the phone. It's a lot smaller than the Iphone, but it's not as tough as Motorola claims it to be. Maybe the Gadget show will do another test on rugged phones.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Motorola Defy broken glass screen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Sean Kelly

Arms
TF
Ruislip

Thread Information

Title
Motorola Defy broken glass screen
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.