UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss mould in anti mould grout!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with mould growing in the grout lines in the shower area of the bathroom. As soon as i treat it it will reapear. The walls are hardy backer boards, which should be anti mould proof. the tiles are travertine and have been sealed. and the grout was grandfix anti mould proof for life. all adhesives and grouts are flexiable for stone. Intrest to know what ideas you have.
Thanks lee

D

Discount Tile Supplies

What did you treat it with? Check with Granfix if that product was suitable to clean their grouts, worth a call.

It may be anti mould grout but mould may grow on the surface if you have deposits of shampoo etc, as per Mattle. Ventilation as Dave says could be a issue here.

Keep a squeegee in your shower and wipe walls down after use, will make a big difference if your room is poorly ventilated.

thanks for the posts, and I will try to reply to them all in one go. yes I have a Industrial size expelair fan with auto humidifier, I also added into the wall an air brick to get the air flowing.
It has grown in the grout lines and on small patches of stone, almost underneath the surface. but only in the bottom corners of the shower area.
I used a trade white flexiable adhesive from topps to fix them to the walls.
Yes I understand about the shampoo and conditioner and mould can live on that, but when you strip it back this will remove the shampoo but not the mould in the grout lines or at the base of shower.
I have treated it with two types of prouduct to see if thaer would be a difference in mould, but non, 1st lithofin stain stop/ 2nd pilkintons Quilare ?
I have not taken it up with grand fix yet, but most of them are willing to help out so will do, and No I have not got or used a squeezegee so this is somethink I will buy to help slow it down.
Thanks every one

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to mould in anti mould grout!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi - we're renovating a house in Norfolk at the mo. I am getting conflicting advice from the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
W
Hello Sirs, finally got to the stage where I can start laying tiles for bathroom and I need...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.