Discuss my 2nd mapei question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

provr6

I'm using the mapei shower waterproofkit in conjunction with a shower tray.

Would you coat the ply shower base in the mapegum and mapetape or is it unnecessary as it has a shower tray on top?

Im considering doing it anyway and using mapetape on the top of the shower tray as well as shown in their vids. My concern then would be that the area at the top of the shower tray (where the tape sits) would effectively have 4 coats to the area of the tape.

Is this too thick?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to my 2nd mapei question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB