Discuss My existing tiles can't be re-grouted? What are my other options? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gnix29uk

Hello all,

I'm a complete newbie, and I really dont know much about tiling.

Today I had my brother round to re-grout my tiles for me (as the existing white grout looks dirty no matter how much I scrub). He said that the electric grout remover and the manual grout scraping tool were too big as the tiles haven't been spaced. They are apparently too close together to be able to get the grout out without damaging the tiles.
Its frustrating because the tiles (also white) are prefect, its just the grout that needs to be replaced.

So.. what do I do?

• Are there any other options for removing group from tiles that are tight together?
  • If I have to re-tile the whole bathroom where would you recommend buying tiles from? (i live in London and i think i'd probably want big glitter/sparkle tiles)

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated, I want to do this as cheaply as possible, I dont own the property, its Housing Association, but I still want to have a nice bathroom.

Thanks so much

Nicola

R

Rookery

Hey, thank you all, I will give these suggestions a go.

Are you all tilers? If I use the grout rescue, what colour looks good/trendy? Like would black grout with white tiles look awful? I can't visualise it
I've done a full bathroom in white metros and black grout. Not my cup of tea but the customer was very happy with the look. I'm not a fan of grout colourant, I'd re-do the tiling.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to My existing tiles can't be re-grouted? What are my other options? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB