Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss My First Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

W

WHID to?

Good afternoon guys.

After tackling a few tiling projects at home and getting on OK with them, I took the plunge and a did a 2 week course. Very enjoyable and will be returning to do another 2 weeks later in the year - want to start up on my own doing a bit after years of working in offices and renovating houses at weekends. Right introductions over.

After doing the course I have been asked to do a few little jobs by friends and family (splashbacks and the like) nothing major but mainly to keep my hand in.

Right the question is: Limited budget (£150 or there abouts) - which cutter should I purchase? Trained on a Rubi TS50 and TR 400 and felt comfortable with each BUT as I am only going to be doing small stuff to start don't want to be filling the workshop (alright shed) up with big bits of kit.

Your thoughts please?

Also, based near Heathrow Airport - if anyone needs a labourer to help out I am cheap and eager to keep learning! Cheers fellas

W

wivers

Like olli said you can't go wrong wiv that cutter, but if ya fancey a bit more length for ya money have a look at the husky.

I bought one last year at the T&S and its done me a treat and at around 150 its bang on budget ..... oooo i feel like Kirsty Allsop!

husqvarna-tc470.JPG

B

brian c

Like olli said you can't go wrong wiv that cutter, but if ya fancey a bit more length for ya money have a look at the husky.

I bought one last year at the T&S and its done me a treat and at around 150 its bang on budget ..... oooo i feel like Kirsty Allsop!

husqvarna-tc470.JPG
i also have this cutter and the 670..i love them...got a rubi ts50 aswell but prefer the husky.I also use a rubi wheel in them.

Reply to My First Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking at getting a sigma. I am contemplating between the sigma ceramic cutter...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My First Cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%