UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss My first flooring project advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davereid

Hi

I have just completed my first wall tiling project with help from all on here and now looking to tile bathroom floor. Its concrete with bitumen on top and is pretty level but not perfect. I've tried using a wire brush all loose material has been removed but most bitumen still there. Going to use ceramic tiles 360 x 270.

From reading this site I'm planning on the following:

1. Paint SBR over bitumen
2. Wickes high performance floor primer
3. Wickes SLC
4. Mapei G primer
5. Adhesive (Mapei proflexible) and tiles

Not sure if I have understood this correctly. Just want some advice on whether I have missed anything out or got anything in the wrong order.

Many thanks

Dave

D

davereid

Thanks Sir Ramic and Blocko

Does the SBR and adhesive slurry have to be a certain minimum thickness or just ensure it fully covers the floor?

I presume you mean that once this first layer sets, I dont need any primer but use the 3 products above as the SLC, you dont mean SLC and Renovation screed mixed?

Do I still use primer G before tiling or tile straight on to the SLC?

Thanks

Dave

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to My first flooring project advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
We're quoting to rip up and replace a tiled floor with Limestone tiles. I'm looking for advice...
Replies
Views
Hello We live in a townhouse built 2007. Both the floors are concrete. The first floor kitchen...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.