UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss My First job Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SteveP

just wanting some feedback this isn't for a customer this is my own kitchen 7 square metres. Considering this is my first attempt at tiling apart from the tiling course i attended i think i done well what do you think? also

how much would you have charged for this type of job?

how long would it have taken you?
took me about 2 1/2 days in total

thanks

Steve Prest

(ImPREST Tiling)

Image050.jpg
Image052.jpg
Image056.jpg
Image059.jpg
Image065.jpg
Image055.jpg
Image057.jpg

these pics are a bit grainy sorry they were taken with me phone

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tjsmiler

Well done mate, really nice work and if you tile like that in someones home i'm sure they would love it. Only things i noticed were the cuts around the window mate.

This job would take me 1 1/2 - 2 days but i would allow 3 days in my diary (just incase something goes wrong) don't know about the rest of em on here but personally i allways allow a 2 -3 day gap between jobs as a safety net. It is far easier to bring a job forward if you are ahead of schedule than it is to put jobs back because you have fallen behind (i was badly burned by this in my early days)

If the job was local to where i live i would have charged £200 - £250 all in and if i had to travel i would have charged £300 all in.

What wivers means by 'plus your bits' is not what your thinking. He really does mean 'plus your bits' lol

S

SteveP

thanx for feedback every1

Did you do two sets of setting out i.e find the centre of the window and the centre above the hob?
set out centre of hob then used gauging stick to make sure cuts were nice round sockets ect..

for window just used gauging stick i thought i had even cuts round windows aswell as good cuts on either end of wall wasn't until i got most tiles done across 1 side i realised the stick was out :( had to remark stick again but hey you learn from mistakes :) so i'll never do that again

cheers once again every1

steve

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to My First job Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hi, I've been planning on tiling my 16sq m dining room floor for ages, so have been reading...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I don't usually use forums so bear with me. I've tiled my downstairs toilet, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was hoping I could get a little advice. Currently doing a bit of tiling in the...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.