Discuss My new refurb in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Got this in November,been working on it on and off,just more or less finished it ,and more or less rented.
ja9unyge.jpg
se3y9ajy.jpg
mu3e5yda.jpg
tu7a7a8a.jpg
ajutubu5.jpg
3a9ezyqa.jpg
za5uvage.jpg
batu6ezy.jpg
my7ady5y.jpg
qajyzu6y.jpg
9apemu6u.jpg
u6ugu5a5.jpg
esuza4en.jpg
ny8yhuzy.jpg
3ane4a5y.jpg
aha8uje4.jpg
yvymu9u3.jpg
ymyjy8ap.jpg
rapygy9y.jpg
jezyje9a.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Cheers andy,I have 3 renters now,trying to get a few for my pension .i do spend a bit of money on them,A few think I should just paint em and rent em,I wouldn't rent them unless Me wife would live in it,and she is a bit fussy :)
Jesus,As i type andy,the girl who was renting it and is desperate to move in ,has just rang and said she won't have the money until end of month,now do I advertise it or wait.

STEVO

TF
stockport
I know thats what the wife said, but its a young couple, both want to move nearer train station, both work, just setting up together, im a sucker for a sob story, the wifes the tough one :)

If there tenant checks and references are fine and they give yoou some form of deposit to hold it till then then let em ave it!
Ps. check out a site called Landlordzone for all sorts of info and free downloadable docs you'll need. Good luck fella, you doing rigth thing buying cheap terraces that are easy to rent.

Looks great mate, keep them coming for that retirement!
I would be sceptical as to let them have it if the first payment is already going to be late... can you have there spare car key for deposit on first payment? ha ha

The boss of the company I trained and worked for in Essex has five properties which he rented out, probably doesn't make as much money per let (in terms of percentage) as you might be gaining but that is only because he lets a agency sort it due to too much on top of the Tiling.
Great investment idea :thumbsup:

P

Peter

Good job, the landlords who go the extra mile with the house always seem to do a bit better getting tenants than the ones who just paint everything magnolia.

The BTL terraces are the way to go for a pension. Some areas in Belfast very close to the main hospitals which are popular with student nurses. £60k for a half decent one and £40k for a fixer upper and they're renting out at £550 all day long. Pay the mortgage off in ten years and it's a no brainer.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Good job, the landlords who go the extra mile with the house always seem to do a bit better getting tenants than the ones who just paint everything magnolia.

The BTL terraces are the way to go for a pension. Some areas in Belfast very close to the main hospitals which are popular with student nurses. £60k for a half decent one and £40k for a fixer upper and they're renting out at £550 all day long. Pay the mortgage off in ten years and it's a no brainer.

Erm it is magnolia peter ;)

You can get a terraced in a decent area for 40/50 grand what needs doing up,rent out for around £450/500 PCM

You can also get a terrace in a rubbish area for about 25/30 grand ,paint it and get a dole dosser in and get around £400 PCM .

I just can't do it,buy one and put some scroat in.
the other 2 I have with the tenents are great,both pay on time and keep the houses clean,one of them gets her mum in 3TIMES A WEEK to clean it,OCD in cleaning.
We have just secured a deposit of the young couple ,so happy days :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to My new refurb in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB