UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss my tiling job begins (31/01/2012) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tricky15

Hi Guys

You may all be aware that i've been asking questions about tiling my bathroom for about a month now, and all your feedback is going to be put into action starting tomorrow.

Recap

I've got 600 x 300 x 10 porcelain tiles 18.5kg per 0.9m2 to fix to walls in bathroom over bath area which will consist of a over bath shower.

Method
1 Remove all walls down to studwork (already done) got some good photo's i'll add when job progresses.
2 refit new plasterboard (not skimmed)
3 apply mapei tanking kit to shower area.
4 fix tiles to wall using keraflex maxi 8mm to 10mm trowel
5 seal porcelain tiles
6 grout using bal superflex white grout.

I know marmox or something similar would be best but this shower will only be used once a day if that by my daughter and thats a few years away yet as shes only 2 lol we have the shower in the ensuite.

The ensuite is the next task that will be done no expense spared marmox will be used its used 3 to 4 times a day!!!

please leave feedback on what you have read i value your comments, wether i should use a different addy or grout anything.

ps i will show pictures of me job for use to have a look

Thanks

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to my tiling job begins (31/01/2012) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.