Discuss Mystery bathroom tile corroding - what is it and can it be repolished? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

d2a

Hi there - I've attached photos of the tiles in question. They are 305x305mm and 10mm thick, light grey and have a smooth matt finish. They were in my bathroom when I moved in and I have no idea what they are or how to clean them. One photo shows the corrosion - the smooth surface has been eaten away and the surface below is pitted, soft and almost pumice-like. My guess is that at some time a limescale remover or similar product has been used on the bath or tile and has corroded the seal and surface of the tile. I'd like to repair or replace it so any clues as to what they are would be a great help.

Of course Sod's Law says it's not available any more - bathroom was done up in 2007 afaik...

Thanks

Attachments

• P1060414.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 92
  • P1060410.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 81
  • P1060413.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 89
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mystery bathroom tile corroding - what is it and can it be repolished? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
L
Hello all, My in-laws are currently having their bathroom refitted (first floor) and having...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
C
I hope you might be able to help? we have just done our bathroom. We used Ardex FS Grout in...
Replies
Views
Cloppie2004
C
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB