Discuss N&C Gypfix. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I've got ten free sample bags sitting in my store waiting to be used... Are you asking because you may have a problem, or trying to pre-empt a potential problem...?

---
- Created on iPhone.....

Spot on.. got 125 mtr Trav floor onto Gyvlon and looking at gypsum adhesives to stick membrane down with, then normal adhesive i use for the stone..

So looking at options as will not use Kerakoll H40 again..

D

DHTiling

Not used that one Dave, but have been using creative impressions GBTA for dural ci this week and at first it seems like i hasn't bonded (very easy to remove while addy is wet) but after 24 hours it's stuck like a good 'un.

Have looked at this before but price wasn't great.. but again an option... just wish Weber would get the Anhydrite.col made here ASAP.. :)

D

Daz

I've been using Gypfix this week & I personally think it is really good - mixes up lovely, & performs exactly as per the specification. Too early to evaluate the overall performance / strength etc. but first impressions are spot on.

I still have not regained confidence in Dural decoupling membranes (after 3 failures) so cannot comment on it's suitability for sticking them down. I will be fixing 50sqm of sandstone direct without a decoupler so will be able to provide a fair appraisal in a few months.

I have previously used the Weber gear to stick Dural with no issues, but I don't suppose that helps you :oops:.

Daz

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Could be wrong but why not use a paint able membrane instead of the dural something like Hydroban it may be worth a thought
Think Dave wants to uncouple due to heating rather than tanking. Dave I am not aware of any jobs where uc membranes have been used with this one but am aware of lots with the creative impressions one and also a few with the weber gear when it was around. Also seen a few with the eurocol stuff. As they are all pretty much the same technology I see no reason why they should not work. You could rIng their development guy....pm me if you want his details

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Take it a membrane wouldn't give enough movement then
Not if it is the type think you are talking about. The paint on membranes tend to be just for moisture suppression. They are usually around 600microns and would not really stretch and move the way the laminated uncoupling type do. Trouble is they are also sometimes referred to as uncoupling membranes and that can cause some confusion.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to N&C Gypfix. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
N&C Gypfix.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.