Discuss Nearly ready for tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pickse

Thanks to the advice I've recieved here I am now just about ready to tile my bathroom.
But I've never used tiles of this size and I'm unsure as to grout size required.
Floor is 18mm ply over 8"x2" joists (14" ctrs) with 6X2 noggins approx very 300mm.
Then 6mm Marmox, a layer of Fibreplan with UFH in it and finally Durabase CI.
Tile is 450 square glazed porcelain from CTD.
Wall is 10mm Marmox on to 300mm ctr studs fixed to brick walls. Tile will be a 600x300mm version of the floor tile.
Adhesive throughout is Keraquick mixed with Latex plus.
I have Ultracolour plus ready and waiting and if poss (I think) I'd like the same size joint on wall & floor. 6mm maybe?
As usual I'd be grateful for any advice.

D

DHTiling

Thanks Dave,

Actually 3mm sounds good to me but from what I'd read elsewhere I thought with the UFH and large format I wasn't sure, hence I thought safer to ask.

The tile is Elegant from CTD. It's described as glazed porcelain and both wall and floor tiles measure approx 9mm in thickness.

If 3mm still sounds good then that will do me.

Thanks again

I have installed those before and with it being a square edge.. then 3mm is deffo the way to go...

Reply to Nearly ready for tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-rates-per-square-meter-per-day-how-much-do-tilers-cha...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Nearly ready for tile
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.