UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Nearly there - Minton & Slate Lithofin or Aquamix? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Roscoepeko

Hi All,

I feel I am pretty much there on choosing a product to seal 2 recently cleaned floors, 1 x slate (kitchen) and 1 x minton (hall).

I have used Aquamix to clean floors, and been recommended to use Aquamix Enrich and seal for the slate and low sheen followed by floor shine and hardener for the minton.

In view of the cost of the Enrich and seal i decided to look for another product which may work out cheaper which lead me to the alternative option of Lithofin :-

KF stain stop on Minton followed by Tile polish
MN colour intensifier followed by MN stain stop

However this now seems tro work out at same price? Can anyone suggest best route to go please?

I do have 2l of HG impregnator sealer which from what i have read on forums I was going to leave alone.

The supplier of the Aquamix said the product will continue to be available possibly under a new name in the future, the same supplier also stocks LTP but suggested the Aquamix route - I should add we have 2 dogs.

Many thanks

Ross

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Nearly there - Minton & Slate Lithofin or Aquamix? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
I've just painstakingly scrubbed/cleaned my kitchen tiles (& grout) with Lithofin Power Clean...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.