Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Need a manual and electric cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

S

stefanm

Hi, i'm in the market for a manual and an electric cutter, i'm in Goa India, the trouble is there's not much choice, Rubi have a limited range here, at riddiculous prices,TX-900 N TILE CUTTER is around 745 pound and the ND200 is approx 910 pounds:thumbsdown:
I have come to the conclusion that i'll have to import the two cutters i need from UK/US or Dubai as the pound is a little week these days the UK is a good proposition and i can get my mum or sister to handle the shipping if required.

Now my requirement is this, we mostly work with vitrified(porcelain) and rectified which i think is a cheaper type of porcelain, glass mosaics and natural stone marble/granite/slate/limestone and sandstone, currently we are working with grinders and hand held cutters, but being a fussy fella i'm not very happy with the results although decent, we get a few rough edges and the work is a little on the slow side.
So I need a manual cutter which can handle large tiles 600x600mm on the diagonal and also glass mosaics, the cut edges should be tidy.
Electric wet cutter should be able to handle larger tiles, as the stone we use comes in slabs and now we're getting 1200x600mm tiles.

What should i go for? i watched this video on tomecanic Tomecanic Supercut Tile Cutter | Ceramic Tiling Tools this looks pretty impressive, but where is it available? google search is mostly french or spanish results.

Any advice is welcome,

Cheers,

Stefan

S

stefanm

Thanks Alan, where do they have a place in Goa, i'm in North Goa, Candolim and it started raining heavily about 1 hour back, hopefuly i will stop sweating for a short time!

Now do i go for the rubi/tomechanic/sigma or what? i definatly need a manual cutter and a decent wet cutter would give me an advantage over time against other contractors, the main thing is that large format tiles are very popular over here these days and the more perfect we can give the a client, will give us the edge.

Cheers,

Stefan

S

stefanm

They'll be living in Calangute, as for cutter choice, that's your call, think about spares / wheels etc when you do order, order for the future to save a few quid maybe ??

How are jobs in the Goa area re tiling works? I would have thought the local guys would be pricing well low, I know the cost of living is cheap.

Calangute is very close by, yep was thinking about ordering spares as well, got to keep the tools working.

There is a good market here, just taking some time to break into, we're aiming at the high end/luxury market and give the best fit and finish, these 2 cutters will help with speed, my boys are taking 4 days to tile a bathroom, which needs to be reduced to 2 with the best quality(We also do plumbing and carpentry) and use proper adhesives, grouts/spacers, waterproofing and tile trim the difference is clear. We have just done 2 bathrooms for a 5star hotel, the owner was complaining that i'm too expensive, i explained he will thank me in 5 years not just yet. From this job i have had two hoteliers/builders ask me to meet them in the next few weeks, so hopefuly will get some good projects and be able to invest in some quality tools, i'm looking at a chamfering machine for stone work, the idea is to give the best finish, many customers will appreciate the difference.

Now about the cutters, i like the look of the tomecanic 2190, the video looks good and just one cutter for all tiles seems to be an advantage, i have seen some good reviews on a US tile forum, anyone tried this. Wet cutter i'm looking at the Rubi ND-200 is this good for my requirement or is there something better/more suitable in this price range?

I've attached an image of a 3 way chamfer done by a hand held machine,looks pretty good, can this type of work be done with the rubi nd-200?

Cheers,

Stefan

Attachments

• chamfering.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 96
S

stefanm

Dewalt is Dewalt, a little pricey for me though, definatley worth consideration, we use dewalt hand cutters at the moment cost around 50 squids, these versions give a good 3 years service on marble and granite with good blades(which are less than 5pounds here!)
I need something at around the 350 pound mark, any suggestions?
I'm pretty convinced by the tomecanic cutter from the video after seeing the wavy cut, how are the montolit's in comparison with rubi/tomecanic?

Cheers,

Stefan

S

stefanm

Ok now i'm leaning towards the montolit's, i have been in touch with the manufacture and they are willing to ship to me, these are the products i have selected, although i will make a few changes/additions.

art. 93P2 - LIST PRICE 314,00 EURO - 35% SPECIAL DISCOUNT = 204,10 EURO (1 piece)
art. S63 (COMBI SLALOM) - LIST PRICE 456,00 EURO - 35% SPECIAL DISCOUNT = 296,40 EURO
art. 940EV - LIST PRICE 1332,00 EURO - 35% SPECIAL DISCOUNT = 865,80 EURO
art. SR000B - LIST PRICE 193,00 EURO - 35% SPECIAL DISCOUNT = 125,45 EURO

I have selected their slalom tool as this can produce some neat work that's a little special. They are giving 35% discount plus an additional 2%, i have just questioned this with them as the list price is including 20%VAT, which as they are exporting outside the EU doesn't need to be paid, hopefuly they will also give an additional 20%:smilewinkgrin: i still have shipping to pay and import duty over here which is 13% or so, still have to bribe the excise dept:thumbsdown:

So how does this above deal sound?

Also 2 Rubi dealers have contacted me today and have started offering reasonable discounts, but for approx extra 200pounds or so i get the rail saw and the slalom cutter from montolit.

Cheers,

Stefan​

Reply to Need a manual and electric cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi Peeps, I'm new to this site but been in the game a looooong time :) Looking to purchase a new...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Which Tile Cutter is Best? Thread I'm tidying up the forum a little bit, and in...
Replies
Views
Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Need a manual and electric cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%