Discuss need advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

ceramicknight

got a tiling job at a local barbers shop fixing metro tiles brick bond to the face of a fixed seating area,it is currently covered with melamine face chipboard fixed at 300 centres very sturdy and no movement, my plan is to overboard with ply and use an sbr or over board with backerboard, was wondering if you would suggest a flexi adhesive or would i be ok using tubbed white star as i can get this from a site im working on thats not been used (ordered to much) also what grout would you advice? thanks in advance.

C

ceramicknight

hi,
prime chipboard, glue and screw cement board on top, wouldn't recommend use ready mix ady,
would be even better to replace chipboard with ply, best to use epoxy grout other then that mapei ultra color or similar
good luck ;)

had a second look at it and am going to replace chipboard with ply for what its worth, is the epoxy grout 2 part? and would you recommend a flexi addy? i know its not being walked on and dont think the weight issue is a problem im more worried about little kids dangling their feet and kicking their heels against it to be honest but he has been pre-warned lol, thanks for the advice dontiler much appreciated!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to need advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a couple of questions, recently I went back to tiling x has been a lot of years...
Replies
Views
Planning to install brick imitation porcelian tiles 250x250 size in dinning room, decided to go...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Last time I posted here I was having a first attempt at tiling the walls in a shower...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W
C
Good Evening Ladies & Gents! Hope your all well and won’t mind me picking your brains, I’ll...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB