Discuss Need help like seriously badly in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Ryanwilson

Long and short is that I had a family member lay some 600 x 600 nano white porcelain tiles. Tiles are laid beautifully only issue is I used a mapei kerapoxy ultrawhite grout and everything went downhill from application. Now I have a floor that has hardened or hardening grout and I have no idea how to remove it without having to ruin the tiles. I'm literally crying to be honest. Was really looking forward to staring at amazing large white tiles now all I can see are large Matt tiles.

My question is whether there is a way I can remove the grout without compromising the quality of the tiles?

Do you recommend using this "kerapoxy design Ultrawhite"? If not any suggestions?

This is my first time seeking advice on a forum so fingers crossed someone can assist b

K

kaharrison9

Maybe try the mapei epoxy cleaner in a discreate area.

It is for ceramic and glass and one of the uses is for the removal of light haze from the epoxy.

Though it should be used within 1 day after grouting.

I have had this similar issue on polished surfaces before but re wash first thing the next day with the cleaner and lots of water and find all is removed.

Most epoxy manufactures sell a cleaner alongside the grout.

R

Ryanwilson

Hi folks. I have now got the Mapei Pulicol 2000 adhesive remover. Has anyone used this before? Does it act as an adhesive softener? Will it remove the grout in the joints? There is grout haze on the tile surface is it likely to make it easier to remove? Any tips on using the product? Do I need to put caustic soda on polished porcelain to wash off the remover?

Sorry for all the questions. You have already been very helpful.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Need help like seriously badly in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views
Our tile installer abandoned our new installation project. A smaller section of cut tile...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB